Effective July 2011, Florida House Bill 7095 requires resident and non-resident distributors/manufacturers engaged in wholesale distribution of controlled substances to submit monthly reports. The reports must include information on receipts and distributions of controlled substances listed in Schedules II-V. Companies must submit reports to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations ("Department").
According to the Department, the reporting requirement applies to the following wholesale distributor permit types issued in the state:
- Prescription Drug Wholesale Distributor;
- Out-of-State Prescription Drug Wholesale Distributor;
- Retail Pharmacy Drug Wholesale Distributor;
- Prescription Drug Manufacturer;
- Non-resident Prescription Drug Manufacturer;
- Third Party Logistics Providers - operating on behalf of a drug manufacturer; and
- Prescription Drug Repackagers.
Applicable companies must submit such reports electronically by the 20th day of each month, listing receipts and distributions made in the previous month. Resident companies must report transactions involving controlled substances, while non-resident companies must report all controlled substances distributed to entities in Florida. The Department began accepting reports in October 2011.
For more information, please click on the following link: https://www.myfloridalicense.com/CSR/login.aspx